Caramel Cream Apple Dip

Cindy's Caramel Cream Apple Dip
This is the best apple dip you will ever serve!!!  The cream cheese base is a recipe from a friend back in my Colorado days, and I added the caramel on top with a sprinkle of Heath English Toffee Bits. The combination of flavors is mouth watering.  Serve with cold,  Honey Crisp apple slices.


Marzettis Caramel Apple Dip
Cream layer:
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 container Marzetti's Caramel Apple Dip
1 bag Heath English Toffee Bits

Put cream cheese, both sugars and vanilla  in a food processor and pulse until smooth.  Or using an electric mixer, beat on medium until smooth and creamy.  

Spread on a serving plate.  Either a dinner size plate or a decorative platter.  Top with Marzetti's caramel dip found in the produce section of your grocery store.  They have just recently added Marzetti's Sweet and Salty.  I think that sounds wonderful.  I have not tried it yet, but I bought one to try this weekend.  I am going to be big as a barn!!!!

Spread the caramel over the cream cheese to about a 1/2 inch from the edge. About 3/4 cup or so. Then sprinkle with the Heath bits, (not ones with chocolate). About 1/2 cup.  
Very easy.  







My husband doesn't call me over zealous for nothing.  But my motto is "Whatever you are be good one".  When my girls were in highschool and they would go on bus trips to sporting events, when it was my turn to send treats I would put this dip in these little 4 oz. Solo cups and cut up apples in a baggy as little individual treats.  (toss the apples in a little Sprite or lemon juice to keep them from turning brown) Needless to say they were a big hit.  I know it is extra work, but not really anymore than baking cookies or bars and it makes them feel really special when their mom does something different.

So when Dani went to the hospital to have her baby I took these for our snack while we were waiting. Also, if there is a lot of flu going around and you don't want anyone to double dip serve individual dips.
You can find the 4 oz. Solo cups and lids at Party City or in massive amounts at Sams Club.



Dudelicious!!!!

Labels: